The City of Aurora and the Aurora Public Library
The City of Aurora came into being as the Village of Aurora, a mining town, on November 25, 1903. A census taken of the settlement on September 1903 revealed 174 people residing in the district; in 2010, the census counted 1682 residents within the Aurora City limits. In 1997, the City's motto was declared to be "Minnesota's Star of the North."
The Aurora Public Library celebrated its centennial in 2014. The whole library was first in the space where the children’s room is now. The library was moved upstairs in City Hall when more space was needed. The new library was built in 1985, on land donated by the family who previously resided in a house on the location, and remodeled in 1996 so that it is now connected to City Hall and it is ADA compliant.
Click here for a more detailed library history timeline, including lists of bestselling books from each decade.
Click on links to the left for topical information.